Welcome to the Cotswold Cart Horse Society
The Cotswold Cart Horse Society (CCHS) was officially formed in March 1996, some of our members own working horses, others simply have an interest in them.
The Society has a wealth of working horse knowledge and experience which is available for any member wishing to develop themselves or their horses further.
The aims of the Society are:
- To provide a practical service to members who own working horses and to provide a source of pleasure for all those interested in the working horse.
- To encourage others to work horses.
- To encourage and promote the inclusion of working horses classes at shows and ploughing matches.
- To arrange lectures, film shows and social events.
- To provide workshops and training days for both horse and non horse owners.
- To encourage the junior members to work horses in order to maintain and preserve traditional skills.
Within our website ‘horse’ also refers to ponies, cobs, donkeys and mules, they can all be working animals!